GraphQL was introduced within Totara in version 13. It is intended to meet a number of requirements:
- Replace web services as the core API for all automated access to data and services
- Provide support to allow the Totara mobile app to interact with the application
By choosing a single solution for all these use cases we avoid duplicating work - if we implement a service for one purpose it can be used by the others too. Since we now have an API-first approach to development this means that all new services will automatically come with GraphQL services for all application interactions. This will naturally lead to a comprehensive external access API.
GraphQL replaces the previous Web services provided by Moodle. Web services remain in the platform currently but will be deprecated and removed as new GraphQL APIs are added to replace them.
- Making use of GraphQL services
- Implementing new GraphQL services
- GraphQL deprecation guidelines
- GraphQL best practice design
- GraphQL and pagination
- Solving N+1 Problem
If this is not what you are looking for you might also want to check out our end-user guides on Totara Help.
If you are still stuck then why not talk to the Totara Community using the forums?