One of the contributions users can create is a playlist, which comprises a number of resources for users to look at.
You can create a new playlist by following these steps:
- Select Library from the top navigation bar.
- Click the Add icon ( ) next to Your playlists.
- Enter a title and optional description for the playlist, then click Next.
- Select whether Everyone, Limited people, or Only you can see the playlist.
- If you select Everyone you need to assign the playlist to a topic or topics using the Assign topic(s) dropdown. You can remove topics by clicking the X.
- If you select Everyone or Limited people you can choose who the playlist is shared with and where it is shown using the Share to specific people or workspaces dropdown. Note that this setting is optional if Who can see this? is set to Everyone.
- Click Done to create the playlist.
- To create a new resource in the playlist click the Add button (creating a resource. ) inside the dotted outline, then follow the steps for
You can also add hashtags to the playlist description to make it easier for users to find relevant content. For example, on a playlist of leadership resources, you may want to include hashtags such as #leadership, #leaders and #management.
Users can view their playlists in the Your playlists section of their Library. Resources in the playlist are displayed with a card each, as they appear in the Library.
Users can save a playlist by clicking the bookmark icon (), meaning the playlist will be displayed in the Saved playlists section of the left-hand panel. Clicking the bookmark icon will remove the playlist from Saved playlists.
On the right-hand side of the screen there is a collapsible panel which is used to display and edit important information about the selected playlist.
You can change the visibility of the playlist by clicking the availability setting on the Overview tab. The default visibility of newly created playlists is Only you can view, meaning they are private until you change this setting. If any topics have been assigned to the playlist then these will be displayed under the availability setting. Here you can see the assigned topics. You can also click Edit settings to edit the playlist, assigning more topics or sharing it with other users.
Here you can also view average rating that the playlist has received, as well as users' comments on the Comments tab.
Users can also rate playlists by clicking the rating they want to give on the star rating graphic. The playlist creator cannot rate their own playlist. Here you can see the average rating the playlist has received (shown with one to five stars) and the number of times the playlist has been rated.
Removing a playlist
If a playlist is no longer required the playlist's creator or a Site Administrator can delete it.
To delete a playlist click the icon of three dots () in the top-right corner of the information panel, then click Delete. Click Yes on the dialogue box to confirm that you want to delete the playlist.
Deleting a playlist is permanent, as there is no way to recover a deleted playlist. Users will not be able to view a deleted playlist, but the contents (resources and surveys) will not be deleted.
playlists and resources in Totara Engage. Here you can find out more about creating and sharing playlists and resources, as well as find best-practice guidance.The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using
© Copyright 2020 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.