It is possible to import content from another course in the system into your course, or even import the entire course.
To import content from another course on the same site follow these steps:
- From the Course administration block select Import.
- Next you will need to Select a course to import (either from the list presented or by searching for the course you want to use).
- You can then configure the back-up settings by choosing whether to include
- Calandar events
- Question bank
- Groups and groupings
- If you are happy with this you can Jump to final step or you can click Next to configure which activities and resources are imported.
- Tick and untick the content you wish to import into your course.
- Click Nextand then review your selections.
- Confirm you are happy by clicking Perform import (or you can click Previous to go back and make changes).
You can also import content by restoring a course back-up file (either exported from another course on your site or from another Totara Learn site).
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using Courses and categories in Totara Learn. Here you can learn more on how to use courses and categories, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.