You can navigate to the Record of learning by going to Learn > Record of learning from the top navigation menu.
From the Record of learning menu you can also access your learning plans, required learning, record of learning, and evidence bank from the sideblock.
This displays all the learning plans that have been assigned to you currently and in the past.
Learning plans can include courses, competencies, objectives, and programs with manager approval workflows included.
A summary of the learning plan including the due date and progress status is displayed.
Record of learning
Your record of learning displays evidence, competencies, objectives and programs, along with certifications that you have completed or are currently completing.
If a user does not have any records in the Competencies, Objectives, Programs, or Certifications sections then the tab will not show; the Other evidence tab is always visible.
The records are separated into one of the following:
- All Learning: Displays all results
- Active Learning: Displays only current results
- Completed Learning: Displays completed results and course progress for unenrolled courses
When courses, programs and certifications are visible to all users, at the point the user is enrolled or assigned, an entry is created in their record of learning. Once a user has made progress this item will be kept and displayed as a permanent entry in their record of learning, regardless of visibility settings.
All your learning assigned to you through programs or certifications are displayed with a summary of your progress displayed.
Add other evidence to the evidence bank
Learners can add new evidence items to their own evidence banks. In addition to adding their own evidence, Managers can also add to those of their direct reports, using the existing list of evidence types the Site Administrator has created. To add evidence to the evidence bank follow these steps:
- From the Record of learning select Evidence bank from the sidebar.
- Select Add evidence.
- If there are evidence types you can select a type or category for this piece of evidence. Click Use this type after selecting an Evidence type from the dropdown list.
- Complete the required fields and upload any relevant files (e.g. a PDF copy of a certificate).
- Click Save evidence item.
You can now edit this item and add any additional evidence files you might require.
Once you’ve created evidence you can:
- View, edit or delete it
- See if it is being used in any learning plans
- Open the files that were attached by clicking the link
- Export the list of evidence to a file
Whether or not audience visibility is turned on for a course, program, or certification will affect how it is presented in the record of learning.
With audience visibility turned off:
- Course: Any assigned users will see the course greyed out in their record of learning. They will also be unable to access the course by clicking it.
- Program/Certification: Any user assigned to the program will see the it in their record of learning. They can see the program content when clicked.
With audience visibility turned on:
- Course: If the course is set to No users, then anyone assigned to the course won't see it in their record of learning or required learning. They also can't access it via the URL.
- Program/Certification: If the program is set to No users, then any assigned users won't see it in their record of learning or required learning.
You can view progress via the record of learning course report that appears on the record of learning page. This report can be customised by a site administrator to add or remove filters and columns to suit your organisations needs. You can find out more about customising reports in the report builder help documentation.
Completion status filter
Completion status filters lets you filter by three states:
- Not yet started: Displays all courses with a 0% progress
- In progress: Displays courses with progress between, but not including, 0% and 100%
- Completed: Displays courses with a 100% progress
Progress report columns
There are three different available columns for displaying progress. These columns display exactly the same completion percentage with the following subtle differences:
- Progress (and approval status): Displays the percentage completed in a progress bar. For learning plans where there is an approval status, this approval status is also displayed. When exported, the percentage completed is exported as a number only. Where an approval status is available, this status is also exported. This column is included in the report by default.
- Progress (numeric): Displays the percentage complete in a progress bar and exports as a number only.
- Progress (% complete): Displays the percentage complete in a progress bar and exports the percentage as a number followed by the text '% complete'.
You can read more about how completion is calculated on the progress bar page.
© Copyright 2020 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.