When using HR import one of the methods of importing content is by uploading a CSV file containing all of the required data (the other option is to connect to an external database). If you have chosen to upload a CSV file then you will need to follow the instructions on this page.
There are two steps you will need to complete before you can upload your CSV file into Totara:
Uploading a file
Once you are ready to upload your file you can login as a Site Administrator and follow these steps:
- Go to HR Import > Sources > Upload HR Import files.
- Upload the files for the sources you wish to update by either:
- Dragging and dropping the file into the designated area under the source
- Using the Choose a file.. button to browse for and select a file
- Click Upload to upload all of the source files at once.
When looking at the Upload HR import files page you will see only see elements that have been enabled on your site. If one of those enabled elements is not configured properly then there will be a warning message with a link to configure it.
When you have uploaded your files you can then run HR import.
After running HR import the files will be cleared and need to re-uploaded if you wish to to run HR import again (even if the initial run was unsuccessful due to errors).
© Copyright 2020 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.