The grade history report allows you to view a detailed list of all grade actions taken within a course for either a specific learner, grade item, or taken by a particular trainer.
Using the grade history report
The report can be accessed by clicking on Grades > Grade history in the Administration block on the course page. You can also select Grade history from the dropdown menu when viewing any other grade report on a course.
You can then set a number of parameter by which to generate the report, these include:
- Select users: If you want to only see information for selected learners
- Grade item: Shows only information on a particular grade item
- Grader: Displays only grade actions taken by a particular trainer
- Date from/date to: To only show data from a particular date range
- Revised grades only: Displays only grade which have been changed
To generate a report:
- Go to Grades > Grade history in the Administration block.
- Set your desired parameters.
- Click Submit.
Once you have generated a report you can export the results as one of the following formats:
- Comma separated values (.csv)
- Excel spreadsheet (.xls)
- HTML table
- OpenDocument (.ods)
Exporting could be useful if you wish to use or store the data offline as well as for sharing with others.
Each of the columns in the results table can be hidden () and shown () to help you see the information you want.
Clicking on a column title will sort the data by ascending () or descending () order. To remove any sorting and return the table to the default view click Reset table preferences located to the top right of the table.
As a Site Administrator you can customise how long the grade history is kept for by setting the Grade history lifetime under Server > Cleanup in the Administration menu. See the Server page for more information.
Under Grades > Report settings > Grade history in the Administration menu you can configure the History entries per page setting, which controls how many records are shown on a single page of the report.