Priority scales enable you to define the urgency of learning plan items. Priority scales can be used for courses, competencies and objectives in learning plans. You are able to set up multiple priority scales and select any scale for each component.
Create a priority scale
- Click Learning Plans > Priority scales on the Site administration menu.
- Click Add a new priority scale.
- Enter the scale Name.
- Enter the Priority scale values. The values must be entered one per line from highest to lowest.
- Enter a Description.
- Click Save changes to save your priority scale.
- Set the default value by selecting the desired scale value and click Update.
The default value is the value that is automatically applied when a course, competency, or an objective, is added to a learner's learning plan. The priority can be changed once the item is added to the learning plan.
Editing a priority scale
- To change the properties of the scale, including the name, click the Edit button.
- To edit the scale values click the priority scale name:
- Click Add new priority scale value to add a new value to this scale.
- Click Edit to change a scale value.
- Click Delete to remove a scale value.
Editing a priority scale value
You can add more details to a scale value when you edit it.
- Use Scale value ID number to assign a unique ID number to the scale value.
- Priority scale numerical value allows you to assign a numerical value. This numerical value can appear on reports you create in Report Builder.
- Click Save changes before leaving the page.