Course creators and Trainers can book groups of attendees for a session using bulk user tools.
Selecting Sessions for Adding attendees
1. To book a group of users for a session, click on the View all sessions link.
2. Click on the Attendees link next to the session you wish to book attendees into.
3. On the Attendees tab, click on the Action dropdown at the bottom of the page. Options for adding attendees include:
• Add/remove attendees: Manually add and remove attendees by clicking on their names.
• Bulk add attendees from file: Upload a file that contains the user idnumber’s for attendees. This idnumber can be found on the User Profile in the ID number field.
• Bulk add attendees from text input: Type the user idnumbers directly into Totara.
You can mix and match these methods as needed.
Manually adding Attendees
- Select Add/remove attendees:
- Manually add and remove attendees by clicking on their name(s) in a multiple select list on the right.
- Click the Add button to move them to the left column.
- Click the Save button.
To prevent attendees from receiving confirmation and/or cancellation emails from this action, check the Suppress the confirmation and calendar invite emails for newly added attendees and the cancellation emails for removed attendees option.
Bulk add attendees from file:
Upload a file that contains the idnumber for each attendee. Each idnumber needs to be on a separate line and followed by a new line. Following is a sample file:
1. Click the Browse/Choose File button and use the Browse window that appears to find the file. Click theOpen button.
2. Select the file Encoding and then click the Upload file button. After the file has been processed, a message will appear that shows whether the upload was successful.
3. Click the View results link to get more information about which attendees were successfully added or encountered errors.
Bulk add attendees from text input:
Type the user idnumbers directly into the CSV text input box and click the Submit CSV text button.
IDnumbers must be delimited by a comma or newline.
Attendees can be removed using the Add/remove attendees option.
When an attendee is booked for a session, they may receive a confirmation of that booking, if the option has been enabled.
On this page