The Book module makes it easy to create multi-page resources with a book-like format.
The book module allows you to have main chapters and sub chapters, but it goes no deeper. In other words, sub chapters cannot have their own sub chapters, as the module is intended to be a simple resource for teachers and students.
The book module is not interactive. You can, however, link to choices, forums etc., from within a book. Also, Flash movies and other multimedia may be included in a book.
To add a Book...
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click Book from the 'Add a resource...' drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for your resource - this is how the learner identifies this resources on the course page.
- Indicate how you want the chapters numbers:
- None: Chapters and sub-chapters are not formatting.
- Numbers: Chapter and sub-chapters are numbered e.g. 1, 1.1, 1.2.
- Bullets: Sub-chapters are indented and display with bullets.
- Indented: Sub-chapters are indented.
- Enable or disable printing.
- Enable or display custom titles. If you disable custom title the chapter title and the page title will be the same.
- Complete Common Module settings if required.
- Complete Restrict Access if required.
- Complete Activity Completion if required.
- Click Save and return to course page or Click save and display.
To add a chapter click the 'Add chapter' icon in the left hand Table of Contents.