Dashboards allow content to be displayed on a selected user's Home page. Dashboards are able to be assigned to audiences and users can select and customise their assigned dashboards if allowed.
Create a Totara dashboard
- Select Site administration > Advanced features > Enable Totara Dashboard > Show.
- Select Site Administration > Appearance > Dashboards.
Click Create dashboard.
- Add the following information:
Name: Description of dashboard so assigned users know the audience the dashboard is aimed at.
Locked: Assigned users will not be able to customise their dashboard when locked. Unlocking shows customisation made to user's dashboard and allows further customising.
Published: The dashboard will be visible to the assigned audiences.
- Select Assign new audiences.
- Select the Audience to assign the dashboard to.
- Select Save changes.
Manage Totara dashboards
- Select Site Administration > Appearance > Dashboards to view all dashboards.
- Select the Edit icon to change the settings of existing dashboards.
- Select Publish/Unpublish icon to change the dashboard visibility.
Select the arrow icon to change the order of dashboards.
When a user is assigned to more than one dashboard the dashboard closer to the top of the list is displayed.
Select Reset dashboard for all users resets the selected dashboard to the original layout for all assigned users.
To change the default home page from the Totara dashboard for all logged in users
1.Select Site Administration > Appearance > Navigation > Default home page > Totara dashboard.
2. Select the appropriate setting from the dropdown box.
Customise a dashboard
Users that have been assigned to a dashboard and have the dashboard unlocked are able to customise the dashboard.
- Select Home menu to display the dashboards assigned.
- Select the dashboard you want to customise.
- Select Customise dashboard.
- Select the Add a Block block.
- Select the Block from the drop down list you wish to display on the dashboard.
- Drag the Block to the position required on the page.
- Select the Actions icon on the Block to display required content in the block.
- Select Stop customising dashboard when you have finished adding blocks.
If you need to go back to the original dashboard before customising select the Reset dashboard to default button.
There is a Dashboards block that can be used to allow users to select their dashboard if the user has more than one assigned dashboard.