The Learner role allows the user to access course learning resources, including the ability to view their own grades. They can participate in course activities (such as forums and assignments) but cannot grade or edit activities on the course (by default).
Enrolling a user as a learner in a course
- As a Site Manager or Site Administrator, go to Course administration > Users > Enrolled users from the Administration block.
- Click the Enrol users button at the top right or bottom left of the page.
- From the Assign roles dropdown choose the Learner role.
- Select enrolment options as appropriate.
- Browse or search for the user.
- Click the Enrol button opposite the user. The user will indent in the list and the enrol button will disappear, indicating that the user is enrolled.
- When you have finished, click the Finish enrolling users button.
The user will then appear in the list of enrolled users and will no longer be available in the search list.
For more information on manually enrolling learners, see Manual enrolment.