Available portfolio plugins
The following portfolio plugins come as part of core Totara:
- Box.net: Follow onscreen instructions to obtain an API key. Login to Box.net is required. If successful, users will have to specify whether the created HTML file will be shared and in which folder it has to be placed.
- Google Docs: Permission has to be granted at first use. An HTML file will be created automatically in the users' Documents area. Export formats supported are HTML and LEAP2A (a popular e-portfolio format).
- Flickr.com: Follow onscreen instructions to obtain an API key. Authorisation is required at first use.
- Mahara: Disabled by default. Only available if a valid network connection to a Mahara system has been established and the MNet authentication plugin has been enabled.
- Picasa: Access has to be granted when used for the first time. The picture will be placed in the Drop Box area of the users' Picasa albums.
See Advanced Features to learn how to enable the Portfolio plugin.
User portfolio settings
Users have the ability to select which available portfolios are presented in their Export to portfolio list. Under My profile settings > Portfolios > Configure in the Settings block, they have the option to hide any configured portfolio plugin.
Furthermore, under My profile settings > Portfolios > Transfer logs, each user is shown a list of any currently queued transfers and previous successful transfers.
The former lists all pending exports, which can either be continued (green button) or cancelled (red button). The latter displays details about all recent transfers:
There are a number of settings that apply to all portfolios, which can be accessed under Plugins > Portfolios > Common portfolio settings. They include:
- Thresholds for file sizes (Moderate transfer filesize and High transfer filesize).
- The number of database records (Moderate transfer dbsize and High transfer dbsize).
If the actual values exceed the threshold values, users will be warned that the export might take some time.