Those who are responsible for delivering training to learners, but whom you do not wish to have the ability to alter activities, can be enrolled in the Trainer role. This role is able to do many of the same things as an Editing Trainer, except only in a view capacity (without editing and making changes). Trainers can:
- View courses
- View course activities
- View and add grades for course activities
- Award course badges
- View course activity logs
- View course blocks
Manually enrolling a Trainer in a course
If you wish to enrol someone as a Trainer on a course, you need to have a role with the correct permissions, these roles are Site Manager, Site Administrator, and Editing Trainer. You can then follow these steps:
- Go to Administration > Course administration > Users > Enrolled users.
- Click the Enrol users button at the top right or bottom left of the page.
- From the Assign roles dropdown choose the Trainer role.
- Select enrolment options as appropriate.
- Browse or search for the user.
- Click the Enrol button opposite the user. The user will indent in the list and the enrol button will disappear, indicating that the user is enrolled.
- When you have finished, click the Finish enrolling users button.
The user will then appear in the list of enrolled users and will no longer be available in the search list.
For more information on manually enrolling Trainers and other enrolment methods see the Enrolment Help page.