Courses in Totara Learn act as containers for all of your content and activities. Courses help support online, offline, and blended learning at your organisation.
- Share content with learners and colleagues
- Create activities for learners to participate in
- Manage access to the course (enrolled users)
- Set conditional access
- Set course completion criteria
Working with courses
When working with courses you will need to take different steps to get your course ready for users.
- A Site Administrator or Course Creator will need to create the course.
- A Site Administrator or Editing Trainer can then manage the course (including enrolments).
- Content can then be added to the course by an Editing Trainer or other user with editing permissions.
All courses have the same basic structure:
- A main central content section
- Two side panels for blocks
How you choose to utilise this structure is up to you. You may wish to use one side panel, both, or none.
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using Courses and categories in Totara Learn. . Here you can learn more on how to use courses and categories, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.