In Totara, each user has a private files area for uploading and managing a set of files.
The private files area is accessible via Profile > Manage private files... or the Private files block. If the private files repository is enabled by a Site Administrator, it is available as a source within the filepicker when selecting files to use in a course.
Private files management
To add a file to your private files area:
- On the Navigation menu, go to Profile.
- Scroll down to the Administration section.
- Select Manage my private files.
- The standard file picker will be displayed.
- If desired, create or select a folder.
- Select the Add button.
- Browse for and select a file.
- Select the Save changes button.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop a file into the designated area.
Uploaded files may be downloaded, renamed, moved or deleted by clicking the icon next to the file. After making any changes, remember to click the Save changes button.
Private files size limit
The size limit for each user's private files area is set by a Site Administrator.
Site Administrators can do this by navigating to Site administration > Security > Site policies, then changing the User quota setting.