On this page
- We require Totara developers to provide full documentation for all nodes within their external GraphQL schema. Don't assume knowledge of internal behaviour in API documentation. Do try to describe any factors that might impact use of the services - for example, global configuration settings that change API behaviour.
- External services must implement API service examples via metadata.json files. See Extending API documentation for details.
- External services should use reference input types rather than internal database ids.
- External services should implement enums rather than relying on magic numbers for input data (for example use the core_format enum instead of integer types).
- External services must implement all options that can be specified, or clearly document and return a clear error if some options are not supported (for example if you use core_format, ensure the service handles all the available formats correctly).