- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
If you need someone to have the ability to create courses then the best role for this is the Course creator. Users with this role can also administer courses manage courses (enrolling learners, editing settings etc).
This role would normally be applied at category level to allow the role holder to add new courses to that category (and any sub-categories).
Enrolling a user as a course creator in a category
- As a manager Site Manager or administratorSite Administrator, go to to the category you want to add the Course Creator to.
- Then go to Administration > Category > Assign roles.
- Click the Enrol users button at the top right or bottom left of the page.
- From the Assign roles dropdown choose the Course creator role.
- Select enrolment options as appropriate.
- Browse or search for the user.
- Click the Enrol button opposite the user. The user will indent in the list and the enrol button will disappear, indicating that the user is enrolled.
- When you have finished, click the Finish enrolling users button.
The user will then appear in the list of enrolled users and will no longer be available in the search list.
For more information on manually enrolling course creators, see Manual enrolment.