- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Configuring general settings
- Click Reports > Report builder > General settings on the Site administrationmenu.
- Set the following options as required:
- Format export options: Report results can be exported to a file or automatically emailed as a file attachment. Select the type(s) of formats that report results can be exported into, more information in the Export options section below.
- Export to file system:Allows reports to be exported to the web server's file system instead of emailing scheduled copies of the report.
- File export path: Enter the directory path on the server for exported report files to be saved in.*
- Financial year start: Some reports can be filtered based on financial year; enter the date that the financial year begins.
- Click the Save changes button.
*Reports saved to the file system are saved in the name format Export file system root path/username/report.ext where username is an internal username of the user who owns the scheduled report, report' is the name of the scheduled report with non-alpha-numeric characters removed, and ext is the appropriate export file name extension.
If no options are selected, then the export option for reports will not be available. There are a number of export formats available from Report builder, these are:
- Excel format: Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (.xls)
- CSV format: Comma-separated values file (.csv)
- ODS format: Open Office spreadsheet (.ods)
- PDF format: Portable Document Format (.pdf)
PDF format (Landscape): Portable Document Format (.pdf)
PDF landscape export (wkhtml2pdf): This only work if it has been enabled (see System paths) otherwise it has the prefix Disabled and cannot be used.
PDF portrait export (wkhtml2pdf): This only work if it has been enabled (see System paths) otherwise it has the prefix Disabled and cannot be used.
Export to Google Fusion: You will need to log into Google Fusion Table for this to work.
It is also helpful to note that where an RTL (right-to-left) language is used this will be supported. When RTL is used as part of an export, not only will the text itself be displayed correctly but so will the column orders.
The only exception is CSV format, as this does not have capabilities to store text direction property. For those, requiring RTL, after importing this CSV in their office suite, they need to enable RTL mode manually.
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to using Reports in Totara Learn. Here you can learn more on how to use reports, see best practice, and give it a go yourself.