- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
A user's Profile contains information specific to the individual and can be accessed by selecting Profile in the User menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
The sections and information displayed, and editing options available will be dependent on the user's permissions within the system as well as whether functionality (such as Notes and Messaging) has been turned on at the site level.
(This video is taken from the Totara Learn for beginners course in the Totara Academy, where you can access more resources and learning materials - including other videos).
The User details area displays a summary of general account information including any Custom Profile fields as well as a link to Edit Profile. Users can update a range of information within their Profile such as their Password, User Picture and Timezone settings.
Where notes have been enabled via Advanced settings, this area will display any notes associated with the user.
Where badges have been enabled via Advanced settings, this area will display any badges awarded to the user with a thumbnail of the image and link to the badge details.
Displays details on jobs assigned to the user. Clicking on the job assignment name provides information relating to the associated manager, position, organisation, appraiser and temporary manager, where set.
Contains access to Record of learning, which provides record of all the learning the user has completed or in which they are currently enrolled. Also provides a list of the learning plans the user currently has assigned to them.
Lists and links to the courses in which the user is enrolled.
This section contains a number of assorted links, and what is contained here will depend partly on the user's activity as well as whether certain features are enabled on your site. This section includes links for blog entries and forum posts made by the user, as well as links to forum discussion started by the user.
If you are logged in as a Site Administrator you may also have access to these reports:
- Course completion: List of courses the user has completed with details of completion criteria
- Today's logs: Report of all activities for the current day
- All logs: Report of all activities for all days
- Outline report: Summarised report on Site Announcements forum posts
- Complete report: Report on Site announcements forum posts
- Grade: Displays all the graded activities for your course(s) in a table with the grade and any feedback provided
From the Administration section users can adjust their Preferences for their account and manage their private files area.
Private files allow you to upload and manage files that can then be added, via the Private files repository, to courses, forums, and other areas of the site.
This section also contains a number of links related to user data management including:
- Site policy consents: If there are any site policies that ask you to consent then you will be able to see and edit your responses here. Please note that if consent is required and you do not consent then you will see a message warning you that you will be logged out of the site.
- Request data export: A user can request an export of their data. They can select the export type they wish to use, and the configurations of this will determine what is included in the export. You can read more on the user data management page. The data is exported into a structured JSON file which is contained within a ZIP file.
- User data: This is viewable by Site Administrators only on a user's profile. It allows them to see a summary report on all of a user's data within the system. There is also a button to Audit user data which provides a fuller list of details held about the user on the system. You can also update the automatic purge types for a user (see more on the User accounts page).
This lets the user check if there is any unauthorised access to their account by displaying the first and last access to the site and the last IP address to login on the user account.
The Totara Academy has a whole course dedicated to Totara Learn for beginners.