- Create a course with a seminar activity.
- Click Add event or edit an existing event.
- Click Select room on a session.
- Switch to the Create tab in the modal.
- Enter the room Name and Capacity.
- Click the Add virtual room link dropdown.
- Select Microsoft Teams.
- Click Connect.
- A popup will open that allows you to log in and/or select which account to use.
- You may be asked to approve the permissions set.
- If everything works correctly, the popup will automatically close, and you will see your name and your email address next to the Connect button.
- If you want to use a different account, click Connect to retry from step 8.
- Click OK to close the modal.
- Click Save changes.
Wait for a minute (virtual meeting room creation happens in the background via ad hoc task, so this may take a few minutes depending on your site's cron settings).
For testing purposes, disabling the Cron execution via command line only admin setting allows you to run cron from the following URL: https://(your.totara.site)/admin/cron.php
- If virtual meeting creation fails, you will receive a notification.
- Click the room name to go to the room detail page.
- If everything works correctly, you should see a card in the upper right with a Go to Room button.
- Click Go to Room to join the meeting.
- Click Meeting options to change the meeting options in Microsoft Teams.