Site managers can do just about everything, except some of the site and server administration tasks, including how they usually do not participate in courses.
Enrolling a user as a site manager
To add a new Site Manager you will need to be logged in as either a Site administrator or a Site Manager.
- From the Administration block go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles.
- Click the link for Site manager in the table titled Please choose a role to assign.
- Use the Potential users pane to find users, although if you have a lot of users you will need to use us the Search box underneath it to find specific users.
- Select the user so they are highlighted and then click the Add button.
- This will make them appear in the Existing users pane, as long as they appear here you have successfully added them.
Once you have added all the Site managers you want to then you can simply navigate away from the page, there is no button to save. You can also remove users by repeating the steps above but selecting the user in the Existing users pane and then clicking the Remove button.