In Totara Learn you can deliver your learning in a range of ways to suit your organisational requirements, and the needs of your learners. It is important to model an effective learning architecture from the beginning that also takes these needs into account. You will need to ensure the right balance of resources and activities, utilising the many features in Totara such as courses, programs, and certifications.
Courses act as a container for a single strand of learning, whereas programs allow you to weave multiple strands together to create a bigger picture. Within a program or a course you might have certain required and optional aspects to aid the learner's journey. Certifications are useful for repeating units of study, where you may require learners to recertify at specific intervals. You may find you need to use all or some of these features, along with many others, to create your ideal learning architecture.
As this is a very tailored process that will vary by organisation, it is hard to offer any overarching advice. Instead it is recommend that you discuss any specific needs with your Totara partner.
Although it is hard to offer advice we can offer inspiration. Below are some Totara resources that you might find helpful:
- Use case presentations on YouTube.
- Case studies from our website.
- Articles about elearning and best practice on our blog.
Courses and enrolment
In this section you can find a wealth of information about working with courses in Totara Learn. You can find out how to create and administer your courses, add learning content, and enrol your users.
Your learners can find courses in a number of ways, such as:
- Exploring, searching and filtering all of the available courses, programs and certifications on your site via the course catalogue
- Finding free and paid-for courses from your trusted partners in the content marketplace
- Viewing required learning in the Record of Learning tab
- Via learning plans which can be created collaboratively with managers
You can also assign learning to users by adding them to audiences.
© Copyright 2020 Totara Learning Solutions. All rights reserved.